Commonly referred to as “donor egg” is an assisted reproductive technology that uses in vitro fertilization to allow a woman to experience pregnancy and motherhood using another woman’s eggs.
Egg donation has proven to be an effective treatment for women facing a variety of fertility challenges, including:
- Advanced maternal age
- Premature ovarian failure
- Ovarian failure after cancer treatment
- Repetitive IVF failure or miscarriage
- Inherited genetic disease and chromosomal abnormalities when PGD cannot be accomplished
- Anatomical issues preventing oocyte retrieval
Donor egg’s success rate
The percentage of embryo transfers resulting in live births, is upwards of 50% reflecting the age of the donor.
Frequently Asked Questions
No FAQ’s Available