Dr. Anthony P. Cheung is a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility (REI) specialist with 25 years of clinical, research and teaching experience in his field. He holds specialist credentials in Obstetrics and Gynecology in both Australia/New Zealand and Canada with subspecialty training in Menopause in Sydney, Australia and REI in California, USA.
Principal positions previously held:
- Full-time academic staff at the University of Alberta (1992-1996) and University of British Columbia (UBC) (1996 to early 2015)
- Medical Director (2000-2008) of the former UBC IVF Program
- Director of the GREI Fellowship Training Program, UBC (2009-2011)
- Board Member of the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society (CFAS) (2004-2010).
- Surveyor of IVF Programs for Accreditation Canada (2002-2011).
- Founder and Medical Director, Grace Fertility and Reproductive Medicine “Grace Fertility Centre”
- Clinical Associate Professor, Division of REI, Department of OB-GYN, UBC
- Clinician Scientist at the Child and Family Research Institute (CFRI), BC
- Active attending staff, Vancouver General Hospital and BC Women’s Hospital
- Founding member of the subspecialty of Gynaecologic Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (GREI) of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- Co-Chair of the REI Committee of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC)
Specialized areas of clinical and research interest: polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), ovarian physiology, assisted reproductive technologies (ART), male infertility and clinical epidemiology related to REI.